How to Be the Best Host for Sunday Supper
Many families like to end one week and start the next with family dinner each Sunday. Today’s family dynamic consists of not only biological family members but also friends. To host a top-notch Sunday dinner, hosts should especially follow the below guidelines.
- It’s polite to always have enough food. If less people come than expected, send your guests home with leftovers for the week.
- Stock your bar. Make sure you have drinks for the whole crowd, including some non-alcoholic drinks for children.
- Make sure you have plenty of seating options.
- Don’t be afraid to use your good china. You registered for it years ago, don’t let it go to waste!
- Flowers make the perfect centerpiece. No other décor is required.
- Bake plenty of sweet treats. Consider baking a classic cheesecake or pecan pie.
- Thank your loved ones for coming. Send them home with full hearts, full bellies and plenty of leftovers.
This blog post was adapted from Southern Living.