Did You Know: Project Green Fork Edition
Mar 28, 2014 7:16:54 AM Mahaffey Tent & Event Rentals
Fuel Cafe, located in Midtown, is one of many restaurants in Memphis that are Project Green Fork certified. Founded in 2008, Project Green Fork was established to reduce environmental impact, with an emphasis on supporting homegrown restaurants.
Here are the six things that it takes to be Project Green Fork certified:
- All disposable products must be compostable, biodegradable, recyclable, or made from recycled content.
- All items that can be recycled must be recycled (as recognized by Project Green Fork).
- With the help of Project Green Fork, restaurants will establish a composting system for pre-consumed fruit, vegetable, coffee grounds, eggshell scraps, and other compostable waste.
- The use of toxic cleaners is discouraged and, whenever possible, must be replaced with plant-based and/or biodegradable cleaners.
- Establishments must complete an energy audit and attempt to reduce water and energy waste.
- All kitchens, front of houses, and outside areas should be clean and free of debris.
Check this out to find any Project Green Fork restaurants in your neighborhood.
And to check out Fuel Cafe's delicious menu, go see them on Madison Avenue or track down their food truck for Fuel on the go! Follow them on twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to keep up with where they are in Memphis.